Welcome!

This summer I am taking on the country with Harvey (My family's rv), my family, and dog Timber. And of course, my camera (an Olympus Pen-Ep3) and many, many, many books. Join us on this adventure through my pictures and writings.


Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Tale of Broken iPods, Buffalo Wings, and Niagara Falls (Buffalo, NY post)

Karen broke her iPod about a week ago by dropping it on the pavement, so today we found ourselves in the Buffalo Apple Store receiving a replacement.  It was quick and by the time we finished near lunchtime.  If it didn't break and if we didn't stop, we wouldn't have visited Niagara Falls on this trip.  Good things really do come out of unfortunate events.


For lunch, we had Buffalo Wings at the birthplace of Buffalo Wings, Frank and Teressa's Anchor Bar on Main Street in Buffalo.





Then, we reached Niagara Falls.  We embarked on the Cave of the Wind walk.  It was awe-inspiring to walk so close to Niagara Falls and feel the water as it cascades down the rocks and spray the observation platforms.  As I was walking, I realized that Niagara Falls was truly one of God's miracles.
Imagine, 75,000 gallons per second cascade down American Falls.  These pictures really don't give credit to the beauty and majesty of Niagara Falls, but here they are.


This is the Observation Platform for the Cave of the Wind Walk.  


Rainbow Bridge (the bridge linking the US and Canada), the Observation Tower, and American Falls.




American Falls in the foreground and off on the right side in the background, Horseshoe Falls.  







Out of all of the many pictures I took today, this next one must be my favorite!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you! Recently, the robots have taken some comments, they should appear immediately or after refreshing the page. I'm am working to fix this as best I can but in the meantime make sure the comments go through!
Amy