Welcome!

This summer I am taking on the country with Harvey (My family's rv), my family, and dog Timber. And of course, my camera (an Olympus Pen-Ep3) and many, many, many books. Join us on this adventure through my pictures and writings.


Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sure is A Lot of Corn in This Country (Belvdere, South Dakota Post)


"Sure is a lot of corn in this country."  Aww Shucks! (see what I did there?) There really is!  That and wind farms.  However, the sky looks giant, and at one point, we could see about thirty miles into the distance.  We drove through the rest of Wisconsin (4 cheese shops 5 water parks), Minnesota, and landed in South Dakota.  Most of it was corn or wind farms. The scenery was beginning to get quite boring.  The bear was getting tired of climbing mountains, Nelly's belly was quite sore, no speckled frogs were left in the cool pool, and we had 60 bottles of beer (or pop) left on the wall.




Eventually, I discovered there are 667 licks to reach the center of a tootsie pop.  Don't quote me on that, because the answer would be subjective due to the saliva content and the vitality of the licks.  Also, I only completed one trial.

This was the first sign that we saw for Wall Drug.  It is a store established in 1931.  It still offers five cent coffee and free ice water.  We are headed there tomorrow!  (It also sells books! :D)


Speaking of cheap beverages, today we stopped at this really neat old style gas station that sold sodas for fifty cents.  I though most went for a minimum of seventy-five cents.




The old style gas pump.


 The pretty sunset that was behind our campsite earlier this evening.

 

Oh! I almost forgot! We are now using Mountain Time!


It's late, and I'm sure I will have a busy day tomorrow.  So now I must say "Good Night" or "Good Morning" for you Eastern Time Zone folks as it is after midnight for you.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy-Hello to all your travel companions too. I am curious if you have found license plates for all 50 states, along with the Provinces of Canada? That was one of my favorite things to do on long car trips. (Your father would cheat and find most of them walking around a parking lot instead of looking for them on the highway)Looking forward to reading more later. Have a great day today. Love, Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch & see how straight the rows are being from IL. Glad you'all are having fun in Harvey! Margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy! I wanted to be funny and that's why I out that comment up about me figuring out how to comment! I really miss you! It's gonna be weird tomorrow without an Agro Friday...:( I hope you are having fun! I'm gonna tell you all the news from me this week. i got sick on Tuesday, started the Odyssey (which I LOVE <3), and I didn't do anything for 4th of July! ANYWAY, I know I am rambling on about my life, but I just wanted to give you the scoop! I hope to see you soon! If you have time (which you probably won't) you chat me on Google or Skype or video chat me on Skype or FaceTime later! Sorry about the long monotonous comment that has nothing to do with shot you are blogging about!
    Love,
    Your Weird Best Friend Dana XD

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you! Recently, the robots have taken some comments, they should appear immediately or after refreshing the page. I'm am working to fix this as best I can but in the meantime make sure the comments go through!
Amy