Welcome!

This summer I am taking on the country with Harvey (My family's rv), my family, and dog Timber. And of course, my camera (an Olympus Pen-Ep3) and many, many, many books. Join us on this adventure through my pictures and writings.


Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Big Blue Sky and Glacier National Park (Saint Mary, Montana Just Outside of Glacier Post)


Today, I had a lot of fun manipulating the sky to give different effects to my photos.  We also reached Glacier National Park, the place I was looking forward to seeing most on this trip!  Not to mention we have crossed the Continental Divide.  Water on the East side flows to the Atlantic, and water on the West side flows to the Pacific.  

For dinner tonight, we ate at the Many Glacier Lodge.  The food was delicious!  The architecture of the building was amazing!  It had logs forming like a timber-frame, and had some of the largest fireplaces imaginable.  I found the atmosphere quite cozy!

Reflection on a lake

We stopped to let Timber run, and I caught this action-shot mid-leap.  Timber is smiling, and it is the perfect picture of doggie happiness.  


One of the dead trees had pinecones left on it, so I shot upwards at the pinecones from the ground, giving them the pretty blue sky and fluffy white clouds as a background.  

Finally, we reached Glacier National Park!  The Park was established in 1910.  (I will give more history tomorrow; its late, I am tired, and will have a busy day tomorrow.)



My Dad took this picture, and I liked it better than any of mine, so I will put this in the spotlight instead! :)



A MOOSE!  This was the second moose we saw today, but my picture of the first moose didn't come out.  


We took a detour toward the Canadian border and boy did it pay off!  
It became a faint double rainbow!


And eventually, you could see the whole arch.  Faintly, but it was there!


A deer in the field.


The setting sun's reflection over Saint Mary's Lake


The sunset as seen out our RV's door!


Good news!  I discovered how to turn off the prove you are a robot thing on the comments!  I trust none of your are robots...

Tomorrow, we are heading back to Glacier, so look for my next post with the history of the park, and more pictures!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome photos. I am also learning a lot. I guess I need to go back to Social Studies! ...Margie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, Rainbow looks beautiful. Writing a comment will be a lot easier without the robot. Glad you were successful in turning it off. Sending my love to all of you. Keep having fun. Beach Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, I can see why you were so excited to visit Glacier National Park because your pictures are breathtaking!! And I can't believe you've seen two moose - I am so jealous! And I'm so glad I no longer have to prove I am not a robot, but I hope the robots don't get wise to us and start posting random comments! Haha!! Keep having fun!! Love, Auntie Pam <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I typed a message to you this morning, but for some unknown reason the robot ate it, so I am going to try again. Pictures of Glacier National Park are spectacular. Rainbow must have been a very pretty sight. Love, Beach Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, I love the pictures. You have quite an eye for capturing the beauty around you. The one of Timber leaping through the air was great too. Also glad you got rid of the robot-share the info with Karen so she can ban the robot too. I will be looking forward to tomorrow's blog update. Love, Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you! Recently, the robots have taken some comments, they should appear immediately or after refreshing the page. I'm am working to fix this as best I can but in the meantime make sure the comments go through!
Amy