Welcome!

This summer I am taking on the country with Harvey (My family's rv), my family, and dog Timber. And of course, my camera (an Olympus Pen-Ep3) and many, many, many books. Join us on this adventure through my pictures and writings.


Sunday, July 29, 2012

The City That Never Sleeps (Los Vegas, Nevada Post)

 We took a detour on our way to the Hoover Dam through Las Vegas.  
There was a desert, and then, the city in the background.  

Welcome to Las Vegas!
 The first time we drove down the Strip, it was overwhelming.  So many people, buildings, cars, and excitement.  In some areas, the architecture looked like ancient Rome, ancient Egypt, and Italy, Paris, and New York.


We drove past the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, which of course is featured on the History Channel show, Pawn Stars,  we didn't go in as the line wrapped around the building. It also appeared that they were filming for the show because we saw film crew members.


The front of the store and the line.  

Poor Timber isn't a city girl.  She tried to plead with my parents to leave the city!
While we were in Vegas, we decided to get tickets to see Criss Angel's show Believe.  We thought that Andrea (my cousin) would be upset if we were in Vegas and didn't see the show, but would be disappointed we went to see it without her.   
The Luxor looked like an Egyptian Pyramid complete with sphinxes and hieroglyphics.   In the background, you can see a sign for the show.  
Believe was fun and entertaining, and it left me wondering how Criss Angel could do the illusions and tricks shown.  We all really enjoyed the show!

Look at the Strip all lit up at night! 

What city are we in anyway?  I didn't think we were in New York City.  

Now I am really confused.  
The Eiffel Tower
The city was an interesting experience, but it wasn't quite my thing.  I am glad that we are heading back out into the "wilderness" or as close to the wilderness you can get driving around on highways in an RV.   

Amy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy, I am surprised you posted all these pictures - didn't anybody tell you that "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?" Glad you got to see it, even though you didn't want to stay. I don't think it would be my kind of place either. And if Criss Angel was really that good, he would find a way to zap his biggest fan, Andrea, all the way to Vegas - so personally, until he does that, I will remain somewhat unimpressed.

    Poor Timber, you are right, she looks awfully sad - it's heartbreaking, really! Maybe Karen can slip her some more pie to cheer her up!

    Love, Auntie Pam <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHUT UP AUNT PAM CRISS ANGEL IS FLAWLESS UGH NO ONE UNDERSTANDS MY EMOTIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was the magic show? I hope it was FANTASTIC!
    <3 Dana

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you! Recently, the robots have taken some comments, they should appear immediately or after refreshing the page. I'm am working to fix this as best I can but in the meantime make sure the comments go through!
Amy