Welcome!

This summer I am taking on the country with Harvey (My family's rv), my family, and dog Timber. And of course, my camera (an Olympus Pen-Ep3) and many, many, many books. Join us on this adventure through my pictures and writings.


Saturday, July 21, 2012

Canyons (Moab, Utah Post)

Sorry about promising a post last night and not giving one, I rather forgot that there usually isn't wifi or cell phone service in a canyon like the one we stayed in last night.

Yesterday wasn't that exciting, We drove all day.







 When we reached our canyon, it was near dusk.  We didn't get a spectacular sunset showcase similar to the one we had on Antelope Island, but I noticed some of the clouds had silver linings.  (I couldn't get a picture though, so you are going to have to trust me on that one!)

What does this cloud look like to you?


Later today, (at noon mountain time) we are going on a Jeep tour!  I am excited!


For Now,

Amy

4 comments:

  1. Hello Amy,

    I really like how blue the sky is in some of today’s post! As for the cloud I’m not sure if I saw the same thing as you did. To me it looks like a lady falling backwards into the lake and water is splashing up and her long hair is coming over her face. You didn’t push Karen into the lake and try and pass it off as a cloud did you?! I’m sure today’s Jeep ride will be better than the non-exciting drive you took yesterday to get to your new destination. Looking forward to seeing what you saw on that Jeep ride tomorrow.

    Speaking of tomorrow, don’t forget to take good care of your father and help him up those hills as he celebrates his BIG birthday.

    Love,

    Uncle Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures Amy! A trip of a lifetime for you girls! You are so lucky you have a great mom and dad! Check out my Cross Country pictures from 1978 on my bicycle! Can you imagine riding all that way out there on a bicycle! If I can do it you can do it someday! Anyways here is the website. Great job on your blog to both of you!
    http://home.comcast.net/~eddierad/78_CC_bikeride/Our_CC_Bike_Ride%21.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy, I think the cloud looks like a whale! My friend Austin said there were whales in the water right off Grandma's beach last Tuesday - I'm so disappointed I missed them!! I saw some jeep videos on Facebook - now that looks like fun! Love, Auntie Pam <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. The small clouds coming from the larger cloud gives me the same sense as the words flowing oh so freely from your pen. It's a work of beauty.
    The Phantom of the Blog

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you! Recently, the robots have taken some comments, they should appear immediately or after refreshing the page. I'm am working to fix this as best I can but in the meantime make sure the comments go through!
Amy