Welcome!

This summer I am taking on the country with Harvey (My family's rv), my family, and dog Timber. And of course, my camera (an Olympus Pen-Ep3) and many, many, many books. Join us on this adventure through my pictures and writings.


Sunday, July 13, 2014

From Coast… (Agro Lodge Post)

Over the past weekend, we were in Nantasket Beach near Hull, Massachusetts for a wedding.  The area was beautiful and we had a great time.  As it was a beach wedding, we had the unique experience to dip our toes into the Atlantic before heading all the way to the Pacific!

All dressed up in the light of the moon!

Dipping our toes in!

We have started our trip West, but with a stop at the Agro lodge!

 The Agro lodge is a beautiful timber frame lodge, with a moose theme.  It has the atmosphere of home!
It has beautiful grounds, dog walking trails through the woods and raspberry and blackberry bushes as well as a peach tree and two gardens!

Calla Lilies imported from Matunuck, Rhode Island

Timber Trail Trailhead - My fair-weather friend is already off hunting something

The fabled Agro Springs

The legendary Karen Rock


Timber rates the trails with a smile

Steep Suzy Trail

The berry groves


Harvey fits in the parking lot quite well

Construction on the lodge finished in 1992, its hallmarks are its fast wifi connection, and cable tv, as well as unlimited hot water showers.  Dad's one complaint is that despite having water and electric hookups, there is no dump station.  However the grounds are pretty and there is quite the home-y feel.   Here are a few rooms in the lodge. 

The kitchen area

Part of the dining room to show off the timber-frame detail

A reading lounge with a couch, which even Timber enjoys

I better get to bed as we are leaving early in the morning.  Here's to a great trip!

Buonanotte!
Amy

2 comments:

Please leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you! Recently, the robots have taken some comments, they should appear immediately or after refreshing the page. I'm am working to fix this as best I can but in the meantime make sure the comments go through!
Amy