Welcome!

This summer I am taking on the country with Harvey (My family's rv), my family, and dog Timber. And of course, my camera (an Olympus Pen-Ep3) and many, many, many books. Join us on this adventure through my pictures and writings.


Monday, August 13, 2012

Searching For Sea-glass (Matunuck, Rhode Island

Today, after sleeping in, (staying up to watch the entire Olympic Closing Ceremonies after a busy day takes a lot out of a person!) I began my summer reading.  I wanted to enjoy my vacation and put all of my focus into my summer reading which is why I started so late.  The book I chose to read first is the Odyssey.  Although it is a poem and not like the prose I usually read, I began to love the lyrical writing style of the poetry, and quickly was able to understand the story.  

In the early afternoon, Auntie Pam came over and we all (Grandma, Karen, Auntie Pam, and myself) went to the beach to walk. This is one of my favorite activities here at the Beach House, as every time I visit the beach, the powerful ocean causes it to look different through erosion.  I enjoy looking for pretty rocks and/or if I'm lucky - sea-glass.  Today, the beach was mostly rocky, and the shores were filled with sea-glass.  I found four pieces of sea-glass, but brought home two, as I dropped one and the ocean took one back to sea before I could pick it up.  

(Since my Dad is probably wondering why I still don't have any pictures of the ocean, I will offer this explanation: I was planning to go swimming if the waves weren't too big, so I didn't want to worry about my camera.  I didn't go swimming because the ocean was filled with seaweed.) 

My sea-glass.  

Tomorrow, I will continue my tour with the Seaview Market and the Vanilla Bean.

Good Night!
Amy

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Amy!! You will see that this is my third post this morning so I am officially caught up! I hope I catch up this quickly at work, but something tells me that will not happen :(

    The picture of your sea glass is fantastic! The clear one looks even more heart-shaped in this picture, what a special piece you found!

    Have fun at the Vanilla Bean today - Aleigh will be happy to see you!

    Hi - Ho, Hi - Ho, it's off to work I go!
    Love, Auntie Pam <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy-Did Grandma find any beach glass by any chance on your walk? She always says she has never found any. Have another great day today. One of my favorite things to do at the beach house is to sit on the deck and read. It would be a good place for you to do more of your summer reading-often the birds will come visit while you are there! Love, Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Amy! I was expecting my grand tour of the Vanilla Bean and Seaview Market... Oh well, "tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow - it's only a day away!" And today it is raining so it's a good day to blog! See you later! Love, Auntie Pam <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy, Here I am, coffee in hand, yet no beach news! I am sure it is because you are so engrossed in your summer reading. Or have you walked to Trustum Pond to get some good nature shots, no antelope, elk, or bison there, yet great turtles and birds.

    Have fun whatever you are doing, and I will check again tomorrow. Is Karen creating a wonderful video for us featuring Grandma? Love, Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Amy, I am so excited that you are continuing to bless us with your creative writing about your experiences! I am partial to green, but do like the smooth edges of the white sea glass.
    The Phantom of the Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it tomorrow yet? wheres the Vanilla Bean? wheres the ocean?
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ode to The Lonely Phantom

    I log in daily in hope for an update
    but there haven't been any, which to me is not great
    School will start soon so there isn't much time
    how can I get you to blog, even just one line?
    My life is in need for some entries from your view
    oh what is a Lonely Phantom to do?
    I hope and I pray that maybe someday
    you'll blog one more time, even if just one more day.
    Your blog and your bloggers miss and need you to write
    to bring joy and happiness of untold delight!
    I look forward to your next entry with much anticipation
    in hopes that it comes before your high school graduation.

    The (Lonely) Phantom of the Blog

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you! Recently, the robots have taken some comments, they should appear immediately or after refreshing the page. I'm am working to fix this as best I can but in the meantime make sure the comments go through!
Amy