Welcome!

This summer I am taking on the country with Harvey (My family's rv), my family, and dog Timber. And of course, my camera (an Olympus Pen-Ep3) and many, many, many books. Join us on this adventure through my pictures and writings.


Saturday, August 4, 2012

Meet me in St. Louis (St. Louis, Missouri Post)

This was a rather uneventful day.  It rained for a while in the morning,
 and Timber decided to take a nap.  

We stopped at Cracker Barrel because Karen wanted to buy an accordion.  At least Dad didn't let her get one in the beginning of the trip.  (Actually, she is getting better at the songs on the song sheet.)

For some reason, I was really tired and decided to take a nap.  I don't think I heard much of Karen's early accordion practicing.  Unfortunately, when I woke up I discovered the first song she taught herself was "On Top of Spaghetti."  For some reason that song just irks me.  
On the up side, we were just outside of St. Louis.   We got dinner at Pappy's Barbecue.  The ribs were just as good as those we had at Dinosaur Barbecue at the beginning of the trip.

The iconic Gateway Arch.  


A different view,  with a bridge and a bit of the city.  
We did quite a bit more driving (Mom got to drive, too!), and when we stopped to get gas, Karen and I tried to get Frosty's at Wendy's next to the gas station.  Apparently we had changed a few time zones, because according to my watch it was close to nine o'clock, and the restaurant part should have been still open.  After trying the door (it was locked) we decided we would just walk though the drive-through.  However, I think I really misjudged the time, since in hindsight, it seems like the drive-through might have been closed, too.  (Karen and I thought we just didn't know how to work the drive-through.  I am still upset; I (still) really (want)wanted a Frosty.  "hint hint: Mom and Dad"

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Amy, I think you are home now, it is Sunday morning and I just got home from work. I thought I would let you know I know where there are several Wendy's in CT where you can get a Frosty-so if Mom and Dad are not taking the hint, maybe I can bring you and Karen on Tuesday, when I have a day off. I would love nothing more than to hear about your trip, look at more pictures, while enjoying a frosty. Love, Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amy,

    I know you are on the last part of the trip the long ride home with not much to do but read and probably edit some of your many photos! I too recall the good ribs from St. Louis from my many trips there. St. Louis is where the headquarters for the American Optometric Association is located, just another city fact for you. While you must have stopped in St. Louis for the ribs I’m going to assume you didn’t go into the Arch as there are no pictures from the top of the city. To get to the top you need to get into these little oval “cars” that are like closed in with a cage and kind of like a big Ferris wheel. It’s a slow rickety ride and when you get to the top the inside of the arch is a triangular shape and they have some windows to look out of to view the city. Probably not as pretty as some of the views you have seen this past month but still interesting for your next trip. I hope your trip home is a safe one.

    Love,
    Uncle Chris

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you! Recently, the robots have taken some comments, they should appear immediately or after refreshing the page. I'm am working to fix this as best I can but in the meantime make sure the comments go through!
Amy