Welcome!

This summer I am taking on the country with Harvey (My family's rv), my family, and dog Timber. And of course, my camera (an Olympus Pen-Ep3) and many, many, many books. Join us on this adventure through my pictures and writings.


Friday, August 10, 2012

If I Don't Write It, It Isn't True. (Home in Connecticut Post)

Sorry in procrastinating in writing this post.  It is by far my least favorite to write, as it meant that my trip was done, and I stopped being a national traveller.   Like what I wrote for the title, I think I convinced myself subconsciously that if I didn't write it, it wouldn't be true.

Our first welcome to our home state in a month!

Timber, we're going to get your kitty!

Here she is! My cat, home from her vacation with my Auntie T and Uncle Jim.  She says,"Thank You, and that she misses your home with its fun hiding spots."
We arrived home on Saturday, August 4, 2012 around 11 PM.
Home Sweet Home. 

To make up for my procrastination.  
Here are some figures about our trip.  

  1. We drove a total of 9,222 miles on the trip.  
  2. We visited 13 National Parks and many State Parks and National Monuments.
  3. I took more than 3,000 pictures in total.  
  4. My blog had 3,358 page views by my readers!
  5. 148 comments were left!
  6. I wrote 44 posts (including this one)
Thank you so much for all the views and comments of my blog!  It made me feel really good to read your comments and know you were enjoying and following along on our adventure.   It really was the trip of a lifetime, and I enjoyed sharing it with all of my readers.   

As I contemplate on the trip, I realize how much I learned and grew as a person by getting this opportunity.  I learned the history of various places, a bit about the people who shaped the West, and about geological features. This trip is unforgettable, I will remember it forever.  I think this has been one of my favorite summers.  


Now, if you are distraught like my Auntie Pam and wondering what you will do for entertainment now that my trip is finished, do NOT despair.  I will continue to post to my blog from time to time when we take Harvey on weekend trips, because I will miss writing my blog just as much as you miss reading it daily.  


Until Then, 
The Blog Writer, 
Amy Squirrel

3 comments:

  1. Amy, Your final blog on your wonderful trip makes me a little sad for you and your family. Your statistics are fascinating. Looking forward to your first weekend trip being to visit me at the beach. Hope I see Harvey parked in my driveway soon. Love Beach Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Amy! Well here I am back in my regular routine too. Vacations sure do go by very quickly! For me, the bad news is this means I must go back to work, but the good news is, (I saved the good news for last!) that I get to sit and enjoy your blog again! Although a bit belated - welcome home!! You will remember this trip for the rest of your life, and no matter where you are, or what you are doing, thinking of the trip will always make you smile. Some of my favorite childhood memories are of our trips to Cape Cod. I remember riding in my cousin Mark's blazer on the dunes and laughing and laughing. Grandpa would go really fast and my head would almost hit the ceiling as I bounced around - I loved it!! Then Grandma, Auntie Debbie and I always got lobster rolls - they were a special treat and so delicious! At low tide we would walk for miles (or so it seemed!)into the water and onto the sand dunes, looking for seashells and star fish. And the sunsets were always so pretty. So you see, it's 40 years later and I still remember those wonderful summer trips with my family and you will remember this one too!

    Your blog was wonderful as it was both entertaining and educational. Thanks for the good times! Also, thanks for the special shout out in this blog post - I appreciate it! See you soon! Love, Auntie Pam <3

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you! Recently, the robots have taken some comments, they should appear immediately or after refreshing the page. I'm am working to fix this as best I can but in the meantime make sure the comments go through!
Amy