Welcome!

This summer I am taking on the country with Harvey (My family's rv), my family, and dog Timber. And of course, my camera (an Olympus Pen-Ep3) and many, many, many books. Join us on this adventure through my pictures and writings.


Thursday, June 28, 2012

Preparing and Waiting

I cannot believe that we leave on Saturday, just two days away!  The preparations are both overwhelming and exciting.  The waiting is killing me.  (Not literally, just using a cliche hyperbole.)

Here is a quote from one of my favorite books, Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech, where Salamanca (Sal) and her grandparents embark on a similar trip, that pretty much sums up the excitement of this trip.

"Gramps had said, 'We'll see the whole ding-dong country!'"

Up next, I will give a tour of our RV, so you can see where we will be living for the next month.


2 comments:

  1. Just a bunch of ding-a-lings traveling the whole ding-dong country! Haha - that's what an old neighbor, Mr. Anderson, used to call Auntie Debbie, his daughter and me - "the ding-a-ling sisters"! Now I will pass that name onto you and Karen, in a most affectionate way of course! Good luck with the first day of your trip tomorrow!!! <3 Auntie Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh aunt pam - you're just so darn - funny ---- ha ha hA. -andrea

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you! Recently, the robots have taken some comments, they should appear immediately or after refreshing the page. I'm am working to fix this as best I can but in the meantime make sure the comments go through!
Amy